Mitchell has rapidly advanced its underground capability in recent years to become a leading underground drilling contractor.
We have built our fleet from the latest generation of Boart Longyear and Atlas Copco drill rigs. Mitchell was the first drilling contractor to purchase the Boart Longyear MDR700 and Atlas Copco Diamec U6 drill rigs in Australia. On the mine’s surface, underground operations are supported with dedicated servicing facilities, fitters and labour to ensure the rig’s operating time and bit on bottom is maximized.
Critical parts and spares are abundant, with underground vehicles up to an ANCAP 5 safety rating being provided.
The rigs are equipped with the latest safety and drilling ingenuity
- Self-drive capability, either Manitou or track mounted
- Diamond rod handlers
- Unattended auto drill technology
- Automated drilling during manned operations to optimize drilling performance
- Laser trip senses
Key Underground Services
- Diamond drilling – wireline and conventional
- In-drive drilling
- Grade control drilling
- Directional and navi drilling (Using Compass Directional Software)
- Deep hole exploration drilling to 1,200m+